Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Rent (The movie)

I picked up a copy of the Rent DVD. I missed it when it came out on the big screen few months back.

They did a good job making the movie and keeping it in its musical format. The actors and actresses were great. Such wonderful voices! I felt something was missing from the movie though. I still like the stage version a lot better. Nothing compares to watching it live on Broadway. It's an experience in itself. I love feeling the energy and enthusiasm radiating from both the performers and audience in the theatre and sadly enough, this is something that could not be captured on film.

It's been a while since I last watched Rent on Broadway. It's one of my favorite musicals. I was singing along while watching the movie. Gotta love having subtitles on the DVD. I was actually singing the correct lyrics instead of butchering the song! I already butcher it enough with my singing.


I know almost all of the songs in the show. I've overdosed on Seasons of Love long time ago. This is my favorite song from the show:

Finale B

There is no future
There is no past

Thank God this
Moment's not the last

There's only us
There's only this
Forget regret or
Life is yours to miss

No other road no other way
No day but today

No comments: