Friday, February 17, 2006

Open letter from my computer

Why the hell are you always in front of me? You look at me more than you look at anything else. I could not remember a day that you were never in front of me. If there was such a thing as having a reflection burn in, I would have the imprint of your face smack dab right at the center of my screen.

You oftentimes complain about lower back pain and stiff shoulders. Well guess what? It's because you sit on your butt all day long! Good thing thing the chiropractor's office is just round the block from work. You've had carpal tunnel syndrome yet you don't cut down the number of hours that you spend tapping on the keyboard. Whatever you're doing must be very important or not but I promise I will never tell!

You my dear are addicted to the web. No doubt about it. You spend countless hours on the Internet just poking around or going to your countless message boards. I am pretty sure that you will suffer from withdrawal syndrome if ever your Internet connection is taken away.

You want me to do what? You are way too demanding! You take multitasking to the nth degree. You like spreading the love around, no wonder I am not your only computer at work. You're such a control freak too. You always need to have full rights on everything you manage or else you won't manage it at all.

Please, get off me and do something else!

Love,
Your computer (you never gave me a name)

No comments: