Sunday, February 26, 2006

Look who's baaaaack!


I went to my happy place (re: the fish store) over the weekend. Picked up a couple of things and one of them is the queen beotch of my tank -- Heatha tang! You might wonder why I call this fish the queen beotch. Yellow tangs are very aggressive towards other tangs/sturgeon fishes in an aquarium. This fish just kicks the other fishes asses. She's the ruler of the tank. She swims around spreading her fins and looks very obnoxious. She's a real beauty though. Very attractive fish. the last yellow tang in my tank got stuck at the side of one of the recirculating pumps inside the tank.

I also picked up this clown tang. I haven't decided whether it's a he or a she and I haven't named it either. Any suggestions for the name? Sorry, the picture is a little bit blurry. It's unfortunate that some of my fishes do not know how to pose for a picture.

Aside from the fish, I picked up 3 different acropora (hard stoney coral) mini colonies. The colors in these pictures really do not do justice to the coral.


I've never seen anything as purple as this piece in person. When i saw it at the store, I just had to have it in my tank.


This another sweet piece. It has this blue-ish purple-ish hue to it. If you look closely, you'll see my kole tang (also unnamed) behind this coral.


This one's very colorful. It's almost bright yellow. I really like this piece as well.


Here's another full tank shot taken tonight by Arvin. I've added more rocks and moved some stuff around. I still see a lot of empty spaces though. My tank is far from being full in my opinion. My hunt continues for more corals that I can put in my tank!

4 comments:

Tata said...

That queen beotch? Sound like anyone you knew from college? It reminds me so much of a certain friend I have, the one who loves books and computers and who seem to obsess about the things she get herself into. I hear she's into salt water tank these days and theaters. You knew her? hehehe joke carms! :)

Carmila said...

LOL!

Yes, I do know her very well. I couldn't shake her off my butt even if I wanted to. You also forgot to mention that she's a queen bee and also a diva. Hahahaha....

Tata said...

Hahaha A diva huh?! That, I have to see for myself! RFLOL! :)

Carmila said...

Just to clarify things, it's not the singing kind of diva...

Believe me, you really don't want to see it! :P