Saturday, September 02, 2006

When bored...

Since it's Labor day weekend, I swore I would not work from home this weekend. Unfortunately, there is no way that I could spend a day and not be in front of my computer. So, after checking my mail and going through a whole bunch of spam and after reading the message boards that I go on, I was left with nothing much to do. I found myself foraging through the videos on youtube.com.

I was looking at different video clips of my favorite Broadway shows (of course) and favorite singers. I also stumbled upon video clips about the Philippines. Anyways, I'd like to share some of these clips that I found.


Sherie Rene Scott:
Mona Lisa and Mad Hatters
Goodbye Until Tomorrow - Sherie Style
Nothing is Too Wonderful to be True
The Next Ten Minutes -- I love this song!

I really love her voice. It's so full of emotion. I can't stop listening to the cast recording of the Last Five Years and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.


Eden Espinosa:
Once Upon a Time
The Wizard and I
The Wizard and I - SF Sephora - crappy video but she sounds awesome.
No Good Deed

Need I say more?


Lea Salonga:
On My Own (Les Miserables)
Lea's Audition for Miss Saigon - I remember seeing this on TV when I was still in school.
I Am But A Small Voice - I cannot believe I can still remember the words to this song!
Para sa Pilipino sa Mundo - Such a touching song for Filipinos around the world.

Such a beautiful voice. Never fails to give me goosebumps whenever I listen to her sing. I grew up listening to her sing. I've seen her several times (I forget how many times) in Miss Saigon and I've also seen her in the Flower Drum Song.


Kitchie Nadal: The rock and roll princess of the Philippines
Run
Wag na Wag Mong Sasabihin

I'm thrilled that she's going on tour and she'll be performing close to where I am. So you can bet that I'm going to go see her live.


Barbie Almabis:
The Dance
Just A Smile
Dahilan

I've been a fan for years! I was blown away when I first heard her sing years ago when she was still a member of Hungry Young Poets. Such a wonderful singer.

Philippines:
Biyahe Tayo
WOW Mindanao - Yeah! It's about time they sang about Mindanao
WOW Davao Island to Highland - Go Davao! I spent 5 years of my life (college) in this city.
Philippine Tourism - Alright, I want to travel back home!!!!
Regine Biyahe Tayo Ad
Wild on E! Philippines - I can't wait to go back to Boracay!

Ok, these are making me homesick and very nostalgic.

No comments: