Sunday, October 08, 2006

Cleaning

Is it just me? Or is there anyone else out there who does not profess their love for cleaning the house? Ever since I was little, I have been taught that it is a woman's job to clean the house and you take great pleasure in making your home clean.

Okay, I must've lost that gene that takes pleasure in cleaning. I hate, hate, hate cleaning. Sure, I love a clean house. Who doesn't? However, cleaning is one of those chores that I could do without but unfortunately, it's not something that I really could do without since I refuse to live in a pigsty.

I am a great believer of automation. That's why I love the Roomba. Why vacuum the floors yourself when you can have something (or someone) do it for you? Unfortunately, I cannot bribe my husband enough to clean the house. The dog won't do it either. So I am stuck with this chore.

Is there such a thing as a self-cleaning house? If there is, I want one! Or maybe, I should just call the Merry Maids and schedule an appointment for them to come in and clean the house for me...

No comments: