Monday, March 27, 2006

Sacrifices

I have a good life. I'm very thankful for all the blessings that have come my way. I have a loving husband. I have a good job. We're financially stable. We have our own place. We have a somewhat well behaved dog. We get to do the things we want and buy the things that we need and want.

I really have nothing much to complain about my life. Well, except maybe for the fact that we're so far away from family and friends. It really sucks being so far away. I guess this is the price I have to pay for having the kind of life that I currently have. I keep on missing events in the lives of people that matter to me. I have not seen my family in almost a year. I haven't seen a lot of my friends in about 3 years. Today's my brother's wedding. It's my only sibling's wedding and I cannot even be there. It really stinks but there's really nothing much I can do about it except sulk.

We have to make our own sacrifices and this is one of mine. Oh well, that's life...

2 comments:

Tata said...

Carlo is getting married? That gangly kid in braces but pogi just the same is getting married?! :) Now I really feel old :)

Right about some sacrifices we have to make. More often than not, everytime we opt for one thing we are also in effect closing our door on other things. During my wedding day too, my closest cousing who's almost a sister to me and her kids who also look up to me as an "ate" were not with me since they couldn't come home from UK. The kids were like sulking and my cousin was like hurting for sometime having to miss all of it. Ah, you're right... That's life...

Carmila said...

Yep, he got married yesterday. Can you believe it?

Yes, we certainly are getting old. Arvin mentioned to me a while back that he doesn't feel like we're in our 30's. Somehow, he still feels like we're in our early 20's. It's just when people that are younger than you get married that makes you realize you really are getting old and hits you like a brick on your face.

I've always thought of Carlo as a kid. But nooooo.... I think in some ways, he acts more of a adult than me. I still have my childish streak and I sincerely doubt that I would ever really grow up. I have that 13 year old girl inside me who refuses to grow up.

I've come to the realization that I would be missing these things since I live so far away, it just hurts when it happens. I've never been to a wedding of a friend whom I've grown up with. I've missed Christenings, reunions and a lot of other things.

Yup, it's life so WHATEVER! I'll live. ;)