Tuesday, January 31, 2006

To Be Read Pile

My To Be Read pile is growing. I keep on buying books and I can't seem to find the time to read them.

Here's my current list (no particular order -- I'll read all of them at some point):

To the Edge (Cindy Gerard)
Heard a lot of good things about this author from JMBB (Judith McNaught Bulletin Board). I've never read any of her books.

Simple Gifts (Judith McNaught/Jude Deveraux)
I love Judith McNaught. This is the only book of hers that I have not read. It's composed of 4 short stories from both JM and JD. I don't care much for JD. Haven't read any of her books.

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Gregory Macguire)
I really loved Wicked the musical. I'm a little bit afraid to read this book since I have heard that it is completely different from the musical and I just hate the fact that it might diminish my liking for the show. We'll see...

Memoirs of a Geisha (Arthur Golden)
Got good reviews and I've heard good things about this book. I haven't seen the movie.

Flashpoint (Suzanne Brockmann)
This would be my first SB book. I felt like an idiot at one JMBB chat session since I don't know who SB was and I have never read her book. I hate feeling like an idiot so this book is in my list. I hope she's good.

Nerd in Shining Armor (Vicki Lewis Thompson)
This would be my 3rd VLT book. Wooohooo!!! Hot nerds! Need I say more? ;)

A Is for Alibi (Sue Grafton)
I've never read SG either. One of the lawyers in my company loves her books and at one point suggested that I give her a try. I don't know up to which letter SG is at now.

Merrick (Anne Rice)
I love Anne Rice. I started reading this book a few weeks ago. I had to stop since my comprehension was just going down the drain. I was reading it but I could not seem to understand the story. In some cases, AR's books are kind of hard to read. I need to be in a particular mood. I wasn't in the mood so it's going back to my TBR pile.

Hopefully this weekend is going to be a little bit quiet so that I can have time to read.

No comments: