Tuesday, January 31, 2006

NYC Trip - 01/21/2006

Ahhh.... There is nothing like the Big Apple!

I've been here for 10 days now. Went here for business -- I actually had to attend a class for a solution we're putting in place at my company. My flight back to San Francisco leaves in a few hours. I haven't really been sleeping that well ever since I got here. I always have a problem going East. It's always hard on me. EST sucks for me. My hubby is in PST and my work is in PST so I end up waking at an ungodly hour to get to class and I have to stay up late since I end up doing some work after class and when I am back at the hotel.

Speaking of hotel accomodations. I feel that I have been cursed! I may have angered a hotel clerk in my previous lifetime. The hotel I stayed with during my first night here was disgusting. There were exposed pipes in the room. The AC sounded like it was broken and no cold air was coming out of it. The AC vent looked like it has seen better days. I could hear everything on Lexington Avenue. I just had to move out of there. Good thing our EA was able to transfer me to the Royalton. Very nice hotel. Very chic. During the second night, steam started shooting out of the AC vent. They moved me to a smaller room so I sweet talked the night manager into upgrading me to a bigger and nicer room which he did. :) Soooo, I've decided that on my next trip, I'm going to play it safe. No staying at hotels I've never stayed before so it's either going to be the Palace or the Royalton.

I seem to have gotten in contact with a lot of my old friends on this trip. Too bad I didn't have time to go to Jersey. Ok, scrap that... I was too lazy to go to Jersey and they were busy. Sounds a lot better.

I finally met up with a friend of mine whom I haven't seen in about 15 years. That was something! Ok, this was on the same night as the second part of the season premiere of 24. We went back to the hotel after dinner and I was soooooo tempted to turn on the TV and watch 24. The better part of me prevailed and we just kept on talking instead and tried to catch up with all the things that have happened in the past up to now.

I got to watch The Light in the Piazza. Such a lovely love story. I also watched Wicked -- TWICE! Oy! I'll have to create a new blog for Wicked. I have 30 minutes before the car service shows up outside the hotel and I have not completely packed my stuff.

No comments: