Thursday, April 20, 2006

Everything is HUGE in Texas

I've had a lot of people tell me that everything is HUGE in Texas. I believe it now! Food servings are HUGE, cows are HUGE, even our rental car's HUGE!

I was in Austin Tuesday and Wednesday this week (4/18 & 4/19). It's supposedly a fun town to be in. Unfortunately, I didn't really have any time for fun in Austin. It was work, work, work. Worked late on Tuesday and then had to drive up to Dallas Wednesday night. I only saw the Austin office, the roof of the state capitol, my room at the Omni hotel and County Line BBQ!

Speaking of County Line BBQ, it's the best barbecue I have tasted. Servings were HUGE (of course!) and everything was homemade even the ice cream. I didn't want to leave Austin without going to a landmark restaurant. On the wall, they have pictures of their cows and they are HUGE! They also have a stuffed head of a cow.


See the 3 neon pigs on top of the sign? The pigs turn neon pink when they jump over the BBQ pit. Cute...




Here's the MOTHER OF ALL COWS! This cow is freakin' HUGE! She must've been really special. I bet she tasted really good!




What would you do if you had this stuffed head staring at you while you were eating ribs? I kept on eating.





Cows, cows and a cowboy. Yep, there's cow pictures everywhere.






Meat, meat and more meat.








Even the bread is HUGE!






Oh yeah, we (my co-worker and I) had a pimped out ride. The rental company gave us a Cadillac Escalade ESV. I tell you, that is a big ass car! The freakin' thing is like a truck! We decided to exchange it for a smaller SUV (Ford Explorer) before we kill someone with the HUGE SUV. It was fun while it lasted.




Now, this is what I call a BIG ASS TRUCK!




HUGE, HUMONGOUS, GARGANTUAN, BEHEMOTIC, COLOSSAL, IMMENSE, JUMBO, KING-SIZE, MAMMOTH, ENORMOUS, GIGANTIC, ELEPHANTINE, HULKING, ETC... ETC...
That my friend is Texas!

No comments: