Thursday, June 26, 2008

Yoga

Since I had to give up my saltwater aquarium after it crashed -- I didn't have the time and energy to rebuild it so I gave it to a friend -- I figured I needed to find a new hobby and I have found one -- yoga!

I've been going to yoga classes for the past 2 months now. I really enjoy it a lot. I love the stretches. My back pain is gone. I feel so much stronger and it is helping me run faster (well.. whenever I feel like running).

My first classes were Iyengar yoga classes. I took a beginner class. There were only a few people in that class and the instructor was able to really look at your poses and adjust you.

I also took a Bikram yoga class. This is where they heat the room to 105 F and you do yoga in the heat. It was very challenging. You're doing 26 poses twice in a 90 minute period and in the heat. So far I have only gone once to this class since the studio I went to was a little bit far.

I'm currently taking Mellow Flow yoga classes at a really nice studio (Satori Yoga). It's close to my office so it's very convenient. I've been going every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon after work. I really enjoy this class because of the teacher (Alex Bradshaw). She's really really good. She kicks my butt in a good way with her classes.

Whoever said that yoga is easy is lying. It is very challenging. In some days, I am sore in places that I never thought I had muscles in!

Looks like I have found a new hobby. :)

No comments: