Monday, February 12, 2007

My Theatre Marathon Week/NY Trip

This week was just wonderful. I came to New York expecting to watch maybe 4 shows. Never did I expect myself to actually watch 7. Ok, what can I say, I got carried away. I love musical theatre and I packed in as much musicals as I could this week. I doubt if I can ever top this trip. This is a record for me. The most number of shows that I've seen in a week used to be 4.

I watched Spring Awakening, Monty Python's Spamalot, Mary Poppins, Hairspray, Grey Gardens, The Apple Tree and Company. That's pretty much a show each night. My reviews can be found below this entry if you're interested in knowing what I thought about the shows.

Out of the 7 shows, I only paid full price for 1 of them. I got 5 off TKTS (half priced) and won the lottery for 1 of them. All the shows I went to see were shows that I have never seen before. So, I actually did pretty well...

My favorite musical for this trip has got to be Spring Awakening. Mary Poppins is a close second although for the set, Mary Poppins beats every other show that I have seen-- EVER! The most beautiful theatre that I was in this week is the New Amsterdam Theatre on 44th street. It has been restored to its full glory by Disney and it's just so beautiful inside. The decor is very intricate.

Btw, if you click on the title of the blog for the musical, those are linked to the website of the show itself. In case you haven't figured that one out yet.

It's been a whirlwind week. I got to see some of my friends. A shocker, eh? You'd wonder where I found the time since I was working during the day and I was at the theatre at night. I was even able to go downtown on this trip to go eat at Hopkee with my friends. My normal route is usually bounded by 42nd Street to 54th Street and 2nd Avenue to 9th Avenue.

I'm so ready to go home. NY is just too cold for me. I always come here when the weather sucks -- it's either FREEZING or steaming hot. I'm done freezing my butt for this week (the temps at the beginnning of my trip was below 0 if you take the wind chill factor into consideration). I'm sooooooo tired and I miss Arvin and Jack. I'm at the airport waiting for my flight back to SF. Got my box of Dunkin Donuts (there's no DD in California and the boy wants them) and Junior's Cheesecake (the best cheesecake in NYC!).

Till next blog... Don't know when that's gonna happen. I seem to have more to write about when I travel...

No comments: